Staying hydrated is crucial for your health as water lubricates joints, regulates body temperature, flushes body waste and our digestive system depends on it. The adult human body is made up of at least 60% water and each cell in our body needs water especially our kidneys for them to function properly.
I always found it the norm to drink water and stay hydrated but I realized that not everyone does. What I do understand is that the taste of water can get bland and boring for some. There are many alternatives to make your water a bit more FUN and easy to drink during the day.
Water can help you with weight loss and its beneficial to drink water first thing in the morning and before each meal because it can help prevent overeating.
Tips on how to drink more Water
- Add flavor to your water by steeping fresh fruit, electrolyte tablets or adding BCAAs (only if you are working out).
- Eat water-rich foods will help you increase the amount of water you consume daily. Add more fruits and vegetables with high water content such as cucumbers, zucchini, and watermelon.
- Herbal Tea you can drink it hot or cold with many options. I love to drink my tea hot in the winter months twice a day and making a nice cold tea in the summer. It allows me to stay hydrated all year round!
- Mineral water is a healthier alternative to soda with many benefit. It contributes to our skin health and helps in reducing muscle cramp and so much more!
- High-Tech Bottle or marked bottle will help you stay on track. There are many bottles you can find online just make sure you are purchasing high quality and being aware of BPA free bottles.
Still not convinced?
If your goal is to lose weight then water should be part of your everyday routine. Another bonus is your skin is less vulnerable to getting wrinkles so make sure you hydrate for healthy-looking skin!